​​​​​Marengo County Emergency Communications District

How do I get a new address?

Each home and business in Marengo County should have an address. When you move in, the address does not change. If the person you buy or rent from does not know the address, call our business office at 334-295-5287. We may be determine an already established address over the phone if you know your new neighbor's names and addresses, and the correct road name.

If you are moving into a new structure or location, a new address number must be assigned. This requires us to drive to your new location to measure the address along the road. This will take at least 10 working days, so call as far in advance as possible. When you call 334-295-5287, tell us you need an address for a new structure.

What do I need to do before I request a new address?

1.)  Mark where your driveway will be.

2.)  Mark where the structure will be on the property.

What do I need to know when I request an address?

1.)  If anyone has ever previously lived at this same location.  If so what was their name(s).

2.) The road name where you need the new address.

3.)  The address and names of your neighbors to the side and in front of the location needing the address.

There are three ways to request an address:

1.)  Call 334-295-5287

2.)  Visit Marengo County E-911

3.) Online (you will be called once an online request is made)