​​​​​Marengo County Emergency Communications District

Storm Damage Reporting

Alabama EMA is excited to announce the launch of a new way for Alabama Citizens to report their storm damage.   Citizen Self-Report will allow citizens to submit residential or business damage reports including pictures through an easy-to-use online portal.  An Alabama EMA Representative will be required to come to your location to evaluate the damage.  Assistance is not given based on the information that is submitted.

Important Information: 

(please read all information)

*  If you have insurance you will need to file a claim with your insurance company.  

*  Information is being collected to be reported to the State EMA office.

Submitting the information DOES NOT guarantee any type of assistance (financial etc). 

*  Marengo County EMA makes no decisions if any type of assistance is given, to whom assistance is given or the amount of assistance that will be given to individuals.  Marengo County EMA is only authorized to report the information to the State EMA.

*  Marengo County E-911 / EMA will be unable to provide updates to individuals who have reported their damage.

  *  Utility outages should still be reported to your local utility provider. 

Types of structural damage that should be reported:

 Damage to:

Mobile Homes
Manufactured Homes

Types of damage or loss that
should not be reported:

Underpinning damage
Shingle damage
Yard accessory damage (chairs, umbrellas etc.)
Lawn equipment (lawn mower, weed eaters etc.)
Trampoline damage
Fence damage
Vehicle damage
Food loss
Loss of power


​Below is a list of the information that will be needed to submit your storm damage:​

Complete street address

Your physical address to where the property damaged occurred.

Example 507 North Main St Linden, Al 36748

No post office box addresses

Type of damage that occurred


Contact information (how you can be contacted)

First and Last Name
Phone Number
Email address if you have one
Complete address

Damage Assessment Level (how severe is / was the damage to your property)

1 – Affected the residence has minimal cosmetic damage to exterior and / or interior.

2 – Minor the residence has sustained damage that does not affect the structural integrity but could require minimal repairs to make it habitable.

3 – Major the residence has sustained significant structural damage and requires extensive repairs.  May not be habitable until repairs are completed.

4 – Destroyed the residence is a total loss. (Example damage to such an extent that repair is not feasible, requires demolition, and / or confirmed to be imminent danger.

If flooding occurred an estimate of the inches of water.

Do you have insurance? Yes, no, or unknown

Pictures to upload to the system so that the scope of the damage can be seen.  If possible, send multiple pictures taken from different vantage points.

To download a list of what is needed click on below.